Fool-a-Fish





Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Clint Bridges vs Roger Boling in I-Match Elimination

I-Match Well tournament fans, it's that time again. Round 3 of I-Match and possible elimination if I don't find the fish. The lakes we drew are: Buchanan, Travis, & Decker. I talked to Roger about the lakes we drew for our match, and I couldn't talk him into fishing Stillhouse or Lake Austin. He said he won his last match with just one fish on Lake Austin and didn't want to repeat that performance. We haven't set a date or time yet. I'll update this post with details as they come out.

As usual I tried to find out who I'm up against and as far as I can tell, Roger has fished in a few Pro Team tournaments, some Texas 100, and Basschamps as well, but only fished in the money one or two times in the past few years. The only tournament results that are still available are Basschamps from last year and there are only two that I can see he fished, so not a lot to go on really.

After talking to Roger, he seems like a really nice guy who's been fishing all his life. I also found out his partner in every tournament is his wife and that's the only team he likes to fish. He doesn't fish all the tournaments and fishes for fun, not so much for the win. Sounds like a guy I'd like to fish with outside of the tournaments. He said he never prefishes for any tournaments, which is something you don't hear from most tournament anglers, but I suspect if you've been fishing as long as Roger has then you already know where the fish are before you get out of the bed the day of the tournament. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home