Fool-a-Fish





Friday, March 04, 2005

I-Match Dead Line has passed

I-MatchWell March 1st came and went as just another calendar day for most people, but for me and 42 other guys in Central Texas the I-Match 2005 season officially began. I feel a little numb at the moment thinking about it. It's the same feeling I get at daylight when there are 100+ boats idling anxiously at the take off of a major bass tournament about to begin. March 7th I'll find out who my first challenger will be for our first head to head tournament. This is gonna be fun.

That divides the field into 21.5 pairs. Not sure how they handle the odd man out, but we'll see. Let me see if I can break this down...

Round 1: In three weeks time the field will divide into 21 people with wins and 21 with losses from.
Round 2: You'll have 10 or 11 with wins, 10 or 11 with moving to the loss side, and for 10 or 11 the end of the road after double elimination.
Round 3: 5 winners, 5 more to join the 1 loss side and 5 or 6 will be eliminated.
Round 4: 3 winners, 3 with their first loss, and 3 more down.
Round 5: 2 winners, 2 with losses and now we're down to the wire.

After Round 6: The Central Texas division, one person will advance to the State Champs of I-Match... to the guy in 2nd who fished his tale off and sweated bullets... $2000.00 isn't a bad return for a $300 investment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home