Fool-a-Fish





Sunday, August 27, 2006

Williamson County Park: Part 2


Well it took a few trips and I thought it wasn't going to happen for a while there, but I caught one of the big ones last night from the Williamson County Park. I got out there at dusk with only a little light left on the horizon, made about three casts across the top of the grass when a 5+ lb bass surged up through the mat and leapt a good two feet into the air with my Zoom toad in it’s mouth. :-) Caught about six more bass before calling it a night.

Had my flashlight with me for the first time on this trip since I caught a big snake on a Zoom toad last week at dusk about the same time of the day. While walking the bank I shined my light on several leopard frogs along the bank about the size of a Zoom toad. I know why everything in the pond hits those baits, so well know. I’ve never seen any frogs out there in the daytime, but shine a light around the edges while you're walking the bank and you'll find them all around.

It wasn't that dark, the camera didn't pickup that much light for some reason, shutter speed was to fast? Anyway, if you've been out there and are trying to figure out where I'm standing, the pond spillway is right behind me. If you're wondering how I got the fish out of all that moss, 7 ' 2 " G.Loomis Med Heavy rod with 17 lb Vanish line did the trick. Good luck if you head out there and let me know if you catch a big one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home