Fool-a-Fish





Thursday, August 17, 2006

Williamson County Park

Thought I'd let you guys know this pond is fishing quit well with topwater action. I fished from 8:00 to 9:00 last night and caught 10 bass on a top water popper or chugger. It'a a clear one made by Rebel lures. All the fish were less than 12 inches long, but fun to catch when there's that much action. The other cool part of being there at dusk was the bats. There had to be a few hundred flying over the pond just after sundown. Anyway the fish aren't big, but there are a bunch of them in there to catch, so now is the chance to take a kid fishing. The water is kind of low, so don't be afraid to toss the topwater bait out into the open spots where the grass is only an inch or two below the surface. The bass will come up through it and hit the lure. The bite is so good that three of the bass that I landed hit the bait before I ever moved the lure. I simply cast it out and took up the slack. It doesn't get much easier than that. A week or two ago I took my daughter, Kelsea, out there and taught her how to use the Zoom Horny Toad. See picture below with Watermelon frog on the line. :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stopped by this morning and caught four bass in about 30 minutes of fishing. Saw a bass cruising the shallows that looked to be about 2 lbs.

August 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home